FinTech Analysts, or Data Analysts, help companies take actionable steps to improve their performance and achieve their goals by collecting and interpreting data. Besides gathering information about a company, they make charts and graphs to show results to executives and look for ways to make the company more efficient.
FinTech Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
Besides managing the master data set of the company, the successful candidate will also be responsible for generating reports and correcting any data issues. The candidate will also be required to perform the following duties:
- Data collection and analysis
- Interpreting data collected
- Creating reports for management and department heads
- Analyzing the analyzed data for patterns and trends
- Helping management determine business goals and needs
- Implementing new data collection and analysis techniques
- Creating departmental procedural manuals
Analysts normally collect and interpret a company’s statistical data and other relevant information in an office environment. Charts, graphs, or workflows are created from this information to make leadership teams understand it better. A company’s performance, efficiency, or financial status can be improved by analyzing current statistics. Once the updated business strategy recommendations or operational processes are presented to executives, they will present them to management. Analysts measure the plan’s effectiveness to determine how to improve it further.
Education and Training Requirements for Analysts
An applicant for this position should have at least a bachelor’s degree in computer science. A master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or machine learning would be beneficial. A bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics, statistics, or information management is also acceptable.
Certifications such as Agile Analysis Certification (AAC), Professional in Business Analysis (PBA), and Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) are desirable but not mandatory for applicants. The above certifications can be substituted by relevant experience and hands-on training.
Experience Requirements for Analysts
A candidate for the job should have experience as an Analyst at an established organization or business. It is imperative that they have solid technical skills in designing database designs, developing data models, and using data mining techniques. For this role, programming experience and programming concepts are crucial, as is knowledge of reporting techniques, databases (SQL and no-SQL), and databases (SQL and no-SQL). The applicant should be familiar with the latest data mining trends and tools since this is a dynamic field.
Looking for a top FinTech Analyst to join your team? We can help you recruit the best of the best. For more information get in touch with BlackPen Recruitment today!
- Who Uses FinTech? Empowering Diversity in the FinTech Industry with Black Pen Recruitment
- Black Pen Recruitment: A Leading Choice Among FinTech Recruiting Firms
- Demystifying FinTech: How Does a FinTech Work?
- Does FinTech Require Coding? Qualifications and Skills You Need to Work in FinTech
- Fintech Recruitment: How Do I Learn Fintech?