Let us Help You
At Black Pen we offer a personal recruitment service both for candidates and businesses, we are able to help employers find the right candidates for their eCommerce businesses and help individuals find the right job in the industry for them. We understand that everybody must start somewhere, and we are here to assist with our exceptional team of highly skilled recruiters who have outstanding expertise in recruiting for eCommerce.
What is it?
eCommerce refers to commercial transactions conducted online. This means that whenever you buy and sell something using the Internet, you’re involved in eCommerce, examples of this are businesses such as Amazon, Alibaba, Superbalist, Yuppiechef, etc. However, eCommerce doesn’t necessarily have to be the selling of goods, it can also be the selling of services such as Uber, Airbnb, Wix and many more.
The global eCommerce industry was estimated to have risen by 20.7% in 2019 to $3.535 trillion and in 2020 is expected to approach $5 trillion globally. Therefore, the eCommerce industry seems to have a steady growing rate and is a definite industry to consider for you next career opportunity.
Why is eCommerce the future?
Within the first three months of 2020, as the global spread of the coronavirus Covid-19 started to consume one’s livelihood and effect one’s day to day activities around the world, we see the importance of the eCommerce industry for business growth and development in time of crisis and for the future. Companies that already have online stores, offer delivery services and provide online services, can still operate and provide its good and services to consumers 24/7, an advantage they have over businesses that have not yet developed themselves online, therefore, the future of the eCommerce industry looks brighter than ever right now. With advancements in technology, social media, virtual reality and artificial intelligence, the eCommerce industry has an exceptional ability to continue to grow and engage more with its consumers, offering unique and tailored experiences even in the time of crisis.
How can I start my career in eCommerce?
Many skills can be transferred between industries and as we see eCommerce continuing to grow, we at Black Pen are always looking for new people to recruit for our clients. In the eCommerce industry a variety of roles are needed, such as:
- Customer Service Representatives – they are responsible for handling customer complaints, process orders, and provide information about an organization’s products and services. As a customer service representative, being able to speak more than 1 language will be at a great advantage for you.
(Click here to see what jobs we have available in Customer Service)
- Shipping, Receiving & Traffic Clerks–they keep track of and record outgoing and incoming shipments. Clerks may scan barcodes with handheld devices or use radio frequency identification (RFID) scanners to keep track of inventory. They check to see whether shipment orders were correctly processed in their company’s computer system.
- Light Truck or Delivery Services Drivers– they drive small trucks or vans from distribution centres to delivery locations. Drivers make deliveries based on a set schedule. Some drivers stop at the distribution centre once only, in the morning, and make many stops throughout the day.
- Finance & Accounting – Finance and accounting in eCommerce is similar to other businesses and is often outsourced to a third party. Sometimes eCommerce brands will have a person or small team that will help the Director of eCommerce with budgeting, market speculation and P&L reporting.
- Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists-they are responsible for studying the market conditions to examine potential sales of a product or service. They help companies understand what products people want, who will buy them, and at what price.
- Digital Marketers – eCommerce marketing is the act of driving awareness and action toward a business that sells its product or service electronically. eCommerce marketers/ digital marketers can use social media, digital content, search engines, and email campaigns to attract visitors and facilitate purchases online
- General and Operations Managers-they are in charge of overseeing operations that are too diverse and general to be classified into one area of management or administration. Responsibilities may include formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources. They make staff schedules, assign work, and ensure that projects are completed.
- Applications Software Developers-they design computer applications, such as word processors and games, for consumers. Some applications software developers create complex databases for organizations. They also create programs that people use over the Internet and within a company’s intranet.
- Web Developers– are responsible for the design and creating the websites. They are responsible for the look of the site. They are also responsible for the site’s technical aspects, such as its performance and capacity, which are measures of a website’s speed and how much traffic the site can handle.
eCommerce is the industry for me, now what do I do?
Please click here to upload your CV to our database, and we will review it and see which eCommerce jobs we can find for you, otherwise, take a look at our current job openings with our clients here and start applying today!
We at Black Pen place candidates in Europe and South Africa on an ongoing basis, so even if we do not have the perfect positions for you today, we may have something suitable in the future. We are committed to offering the best personal service to our clients and candidates, building a long-term future that is mutually beneficial for all parties. We look forward to hearing from you and to help you take this next step in your career.