The choice to pursue a career in FinTech depends entirely on your personal interests and abilities. Tech-savvy entrepreneurs and developers who can anticipate new ways of delivering financial products and services would be excellent candidates. To see whether Fintech is a good fit, answer the following questions:
- Do you have a passion for finance and technology?
- Are you able to keep up with the new technologies that are being introduced every few months in the tech world?
- Can you develop innovative ways to deliver current services and products?
- Is it possible for you to work in an unstructured environment such as a start-up?
- Are you proficient in a wide range of business areas, such as technology, finance, marketing, and legal?
If you answered yes to most of the above questions, then FinTech is a suitable career option for you. As old industries are transformed into cutting-edge, technologically driven ones in the next few decades, FinTech offers tremendous future potential. As a result, traditional financial jobs will not disappear. As they are transformed, there will be a greater need for technical skills.
The Impact of FinTech on the World
The FinTech industry is here to stay, and there is no doubt in the minds of those who understand it that it will continue to evolve. It is unclear what shape, form, and manner it will take. Will it be technology giants invading bank territories? Will banks regain control and seek out appropriate partners for the development of appropriate technologies? Is FinTech likely to achieve niche markets and resist heavyweight pressure?
According to our knowledge, there will be a mix of everything. Many revenue streams are undoubtedly bank-driven, and those streams are unlikely to disappear any time soon. Meanwhile, tech-savvy challengers are likely to target other products that can be managed through automated procedures.
If you are seeking a job opportunity in Fintech, then Black Pen Recruitment is the right place for you. We are a leading Fintech recruitment agency providing services to startups in South Africa, Kenya, and Nigeria. Get in touch today!