What does BPO?
BPO is the short form of Business Process Outsourcing, which means that some companies relocate single departments abroad because certain locations bring them advantages. Customer Service industry is especially often outsourced, as it can take place digitally and be controlled externally.
How do I apply for a job with one of your clients?
You can visit our job portal by clicking here. You will be able to view all our current job openings with our clients from all over the world.
What do I need to send when applying for a specific job on your website?
When applying for a specific job you are interested in, you must always provide your most recent updated CV (which must include a professional picture of yourself). It is best to always check the job description if the client of ours is requiring that you must supply more than just your CV, such as a motivational letter or references. However, if no other documents are required, it can be to your advantage to also include the following:
- A motivational letter tailored specifically for that job, attached to your cv.
- A portfolio of your work (when applying for a job within a creative field, such as design etc)
Can I still apply for a job within South Africa, if I live overseas, and the travel ban in South Africa hasn’t been lifted yet?
Yes, you can still apply for a job in South Africa. In order to get a working permit visa to work in South Africa, the process can sometimes take up to 3-6 months, therefore, if you apply now for a job in South Africa your chances if your working visa being approved by the time the travel ban is lifted is more likely.
If companies are not offering remote working options now, are they still recruiting?
Many companies are still hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic, it depends on the client’s industry mostly if they can hire. If a client is hiring for a position which can be executed remotely from home, they use the opportunity. In case it’s not possible to execute the job from home, our clients will give further instructions to us on how to proceed.
How do the companies want me to start working during the lockdown? Would the job be home based?
This differs from client to client, but usually you start any job which we are offering on our website, remotely from home until we receive further instructions from our client. Therefore, we always make sure that you as an employee are updated regularly, regarding your position.
How does the interview process take place if you are still in lockdown?
The interview process won’t take place in person anymore. It will be via Zoom, Skype or another online tool for video calls.
Do you still offer jobs at your clients companies, during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Yes we do, we currently have several jobs on our career website available, where you can apply directly to a specific position. You can also just upload your CV to our database, so we can inform you as soon as we have a job opportunity available which matches your resume.
In which industries do you recruit mainly during the COVID 19 crisis?
The main industries which are not negatively impacted by the Covid19 pandemic, are the following industries: iGaming, Tech Development & IT, eCommerce,Foreign Language, Digital Marketing. Therefore, these industries are still looking for qualified individuals to fill searched positions and we are offering positions within these industries on our career website.
If I am successful with my application, how do I get prepared to start the job from home?
During the lockdown our clients offer professional onboarding training to prepare you properly before starting your job.
Should I start my job search now or wait until the COVID-19 pandemic passes?
If you’re looking for a job right now, the outbreak definitely doesn’t have to stand in your way.
Many of our clients are using this difficult time to shine and have exciting career opportunities to offer. They set themselves up for working remotely until the pandemic is over. Therefore, use the time now efficiently and apply for one of our jobs on the career website.
How do I prepare for a remote interview?
Your setup will be online so you’ll need:
- A quiet place where you don’t get distracted during the interview
- Your laptop charged or plugged-in
- Headphones so you can block out distractions
- Turned off notifications so you don’t get distracted
- An appropriate background Pro-tip: Some conferencing platforms, like Zoom, have virtual backgrounds you can apply
- Make sure you have the right meeting link: At least 15 minutes before, find the interview link and make sure it is the correct one
- Join the meeting at least five minutes early: This would be the equivalent of arriving early for an in-person meeting
- Test the connection before you start your interview: Ask the interviewer if they can see and hear you clearly
- Check your load shedding schedule before the interview: If load shedding means you’ll lose connection, contact the interviewer and offer to reschedule
- Be camera ready: Make sure you wear an appropriate outfit, like you would meet the interviewer in person